Tuesday, April 1, 2014

UOS got better again

In May 2013, I commented on UOS in this blog post.

The interest generated by that post was delightful.

Almost one year later, we get to see yet another UOS annual report.  Without going into the boring details, I would just highlight the increase in book value of 22%.  There are also the piddling matters of cash increasing nearly 100%, and the increase in investment properties.  Not to mention a nice dividend paid to shareholders for the full year.

This is the thing that puzzles me- UOS would nearly qualify as a Graham-type cigar butt net-net investment, and yet its historical growth rates for the past 2 decades would have put most so-called growth stocks to shame.

  Disclosure: I own shares in UOS.

Disclaimer: the content of this post is not to be relied on as financial advice.  It contains my personal opinion only, plus facts that I cannot verify to be accurate.  Do your own research and seek financial advice where appropriate. I have made many mistakes in the past, and will continue to do so in the future.

No comments: